The Pakistan Society for the Rehabilitation of the Disabled is a non-profit, charitable organization established in 1957 in Lahore, Pakistan. It is supported by donations from philanthropic individuals and organizations.
(PSRD) was laid in 1957 with a small Physiotherapy Center in the Out Patient Department (OPD) of Mayo Hospital Lahore. Dr. Amir ud Din was the first President and Dr. Ayub Ahmad Khan was General Secretary, Begum Khudeja G.A Khan was the President of PSRD from 1960 to 1988 while Dr. Amir ud Din was its patron.
In 1963 the PSRD with the help of two research projects approved by the Govt. of Pakistan and funded by USA Govt. under the PL-480 Programme enabled the Society to set up a multipurpose a Physiotherapy Department and a workshop for fabrication of Prosthetics and Orthotics.
The existing premises was purchased by the Society in 1964. In 1969 the first new building was completed to house the Orthopaedic Workshop. In 1971-72 the block housing Physiotherapy Department and Surgical Unit was completed.