Government College of Commerce & Economics is one of the premier institutions of commerce education in the city of Karachi. It is located on Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, opposite Bagh-e-Jinnah (Polo Ground) and Pearl Continental Hotel, Karachi.
The college was established on 22 June 1945 under the name of Besantsing Ajumal Advani college of Commerce and Economics, and was inaugurated by Mr. Rao Bahadur Seth Shivrattan G. Mohatta. The college was taken under the supervision of the Government of Sindh in 1948 after the establishment of Pakistan. The current building of the college was constructed in 1967. It was a co-educational institution till 1993 but then separated into two sections for girls and boys.